Make your own Valentines Hot
It’s finally February and this month is all about the L-O-V-E! This week’s resident event idea is to provide the materials for residents to make their own Valentines! The residents can take their Valentines with them to hand-deliver, or offer to mail it for them.
Grab a large box, cover it with festive decorations, cut a hole in the top, and allow your residents to place their pre-addressed Valentines inside for you to mail for them- but make sure you mail it with enough time to reach the destination by Valentine’s Day! You could also suggest that they create a Valentine’s Card for their favorite Maintenance Tech, Property Manager, or Leasing Consultant (hint, hint!).
You can gather all of the materials at your local craft store and/or Wal-Mart. Your shopping list should include, but certainly not limited to:
- Plenty of red, pink, and white paper and cardstock
- Envelopes of varying sizes and colors
- A lot of glue
- Markers, pens, crayons (red and pink)
- Valentine’s Day themed confetti
- Stickers/foam shapes (hearts, etc.)
- Glitter glue (red and pink)
- Alphabet letters so your residents can personalize their cards
- Buttons, pipe cleaners, pomp oms, etc. – whatever you can find that is red/pink can be used!
You could even come up with a few pre-made designs and provide your residents with the materials to make their own:
The above ideas would not be difficult to replicate; you could get candles and a small puzzle from the Dollar Store and paint the pieces red.
With the use of red and pink finger paint and a Sharpie marker, you can let kids make “Love Bugs” on their cards:
You could also print out and provide coloring sheets for the little ones to color and give as a Valentine, too!